The SC Conservation Bank Act
Title 48 Chapter 59
S.C. Code of Laws Act 200
To improve the quality of life in South Carolina through the conservation of significant natural resource lands, wetlands, historical properties, and archeological sites.
- Protect significant natural resource areas and wildlife habitats
- Protect water quality
- Maintain the State's forest lands
- Protect farmlands, especially family farms
- Protect and enhance the State's natural beauty
- Protect and enhance significant historical and archaeological sites
- Enhance public access for outdoor recreation and preserve traditional uses such as hunting, fishing, and other types of outdoor recreation
- To encourage cooperation and innovative partnerships among landowners, state agencies, municipalities, and non-profit organizations.