The Spring Park and Spring Park Inn project seeks to create a destination park in the renovated city center directly adjacent to the Swamp Rabbit Trail, which hosts thousands of bikers, walkers, and hikers every week. The 20-acre tract formerly known as Spring Park on Main Street in the heart of downtown Travelers Rest is still undeveloped open space, currently leased to a golf driving range. Adjoining the Park is a two-story house constructed circa 1820, which is the residence of Nell Gibson, an 88-year-old lifetime resident of Travelers Rest. Originally built as a private residence, the house transitioned to use as an inn by 1852 and continued housing travelers until 1941 as The Spring Park Inn. For almost 100 years, travelers on their way to and from North Carolina stayed at the Inn. In 1889 Robert Anderson, owner of the Inn, conveyed one and a half acres in front of the Inn for construction of a railroad platform and the Inn became a stopping place on the Swamp Rabbit Railroad, which is now the Swamp Rabbit Trail. The Spring Park Inn is on both the federal and South Carolina Registers of Historic Places.
A map for Spring Park has been provided in Google Map format.